Be sure to check out our blog for more trucking industry news and trends from the team at Thunder Funding!
Truck Driver-Focused Features Improve Productivity And Satisfaction On The Road
Long haul truckers are often away from home for days — perhaps weeks — at a time. So, it’s no surprise they want rigs and cabins that feel like home. Let’s face it: A truck cabin that boasts a little comfort and maybe some luxury can go a long way in making those long drives a lot more enjoyable.
The Plus Side Of More Comfortable Cabins
New truck driver-focused features sound the bell for what could be a step in the right direction when it comes to building cabins that provide a better and more comfortable driving and living experience for the career trucker. Potential features that we think will enhance driver comfort, overall experiential satisfaction, and productivity include:
- Improved seating and steering wheel ergonomics
- Higher quality interior lighting and features to lower noise, vibration and, harshness
- Higher quality headlights and wipers for improved visibility
- Installation of radar, cameras, and other technologies to help prevent accidents
- improved vehicle serviceability and ease of maintenance to help increase driver productivity
Luxurious bells and whistles are great, but we know that truckers aren’t necessarily looking for something fancy just for the sake of it. Truckers simply want something comfortable and functional, with a design that helps them do their job more easily and efficiently.